Dr. Vijay Agarwal, President – CAHO, a crusader for Continual Quality Improvement in Healthcare, has a vision to raise the bar of Indian Healthcare Organizations to match Global Standards, through CAHO which is a national body of repute for promoting patient safety, healthcare quality protocols and accreditation.
He was instrumental in the country adopting pulse polio strategy for Polio Eradication and also played a key role in shaping the Bio Medical Waste Management Scheme in Delhi.
He was a member of the ISRO Health Quest Project, a unique collaboration between space scientists and healthcare professionals to take the country closer to the goal of “error-free” healthcare.
He is a post-graduate in paediatrics from the Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi. He commenced his professional career in 1973, has over the decades earned a sterling reputation as a Paediatrician and has been recognized by IMA as Hony Professor.
He has held various positions –
- Co-Chair of NABH Accreditation Committee (2014 to 2018)
- Executive Director- Pushpanjali Crosslay Hospital (2007 to 2015)
- Former Advisor to Max Healthcare (Quality & Business Excellence);(2015 to 2019)
- Chair-Technical Committee, Karnataka Task Force for Public Policy in Healthcare
- Founder Chairman of Nursing Home Forum ( 1992 to 2002)
- Founder President of Society for Child Development (1995 till now)
- Chair Accreditation Committee NABET (QCI) ( Appointed in 2020)
He is recipient of –
- Distinguished Alumnus Award of Maulana Azad Medical College
- Lifetime Achievement Award of Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- Lifetime Achievement Award of Association of Healthcare Providers India (AHPI)
- QIPMRO Platinum Standard- Healthcare Award for being : National Statesman for Quality & Excellence